We are looking to contract 4-6 individuals to interview people from a sample of households in communities along the coast of North Carolina and some inland locations. The survey is designed to collect information on how families in eastern North Carolina prepare for, are affected by, and recover from storms and hurricanes. Learn more about the survey here. Survey Interviewers will be paid per completed interview section (approximately $20 per hour, for about 100-150 hours over a six-week period during November and December 2020)
- Complete a training course, for which they will be paid.
- Visit selected households, explain the purpose of the survey, and get household members’ consent to be interviewed.
- Coordinate a time to interview household members, in person or over the phone.
- Ask respondents questions on the survey questionnaire developed by the DEEPP team, and enter accurate and complete information using a laptop computer.
Survey interviewers will be provided with laptop computers and all other necessary equipment (e.g., notebooks, pens, masks, hand sanitizer, etc.) for the duration of the contract. After training, interviewers can work at their own pace and schedule their own hours over the next six weeks.
- Pay will be per completed interview section (approximately $20 per hour, for about 100-150 hours)
- Paid training
- Flexible schedule
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have own transportation
- No minimum education/experience requirement
- Must be available to work for 100-150 hours over six weeks in November and December 2020
- Background check required
If interested, please get in touch with us via email to ask questions or to send a résumé with references. Our email is DEEPP@unc.edu. Hablamos español.